That’s french, for you Americanas. I grew up speaking German…but alas my high school in Texas (or, Texas South) only offered French or Spanish, so I chose the one I couldn’t learn at the corner store. In college, Steph majored in Spanish and I still had a decent grasp of Francaise, so we’d trade lingo for practice and idiocy. I plan on introducing Peanut to other languages immediately…music, computer games, corner-store employees…
Curt likes to immitate other languages…but he always sounds like a crazy Chinese guy. It’s awkward, but very very funny…in a sad kind of way. Have I mentioned that I love Curt? I do.
So, being the technological fool that I am, I have noticed a severe drop in blog reader-ship over the length of a week…200-ish on Mondays down to the low 70s by Friday. Therefore, hereto, and everafter I shall post on Mondays and Thursdays. Fine, you say. Who cares? Well, this little blog here is a practice in discipline for me to write something every week- to be creative and such…so I need a schedule to keep me on track. It’s intentional creativity, people. I’m growing. Read at will.
This Sunday’s sermon was about inheritances…what we have been given (good, bad, and ugly), what we will pass on (good, bad, and ugly), and what we will create in and of ourselves. Timely topic, Joe. I say again, timely.
- obviously, we have the crazy chinese accent
- we have incredible work ethics and creativity on both sides of the family- deep and wide
- a deep, unexplainable, and perhaps at times unhealthy love for Fleetwood Mac
- humor (this may be good bad or ugly…I do not know)
- ridiculous perfectionism
- extreme laid-back-ness
- the ability to lose one’s car AND keys multiple times a day
- unconditional devotion to microwave popcorn and ice cream at 9pm (in any time zone)
- loyalty…fierce and strong loyalty
- appreciation for camping and nature and all things outside except for snakes
- fear of jumping from high places (interesting job choice, you say…I know, I know)
- Polish hips
- Dutch monetary beliefs
- Irish mischief
- absolute brilliance in all subjects
See you Thursday.