Aw, shucks, folks… you’re so sweet about my anniversary! Curt came home yesterday and yelled, “Kate! You like me!” Yes, Boy. Yes, I do.
I’ve been diggin’ through the yellow recipe box lately… moving all the yummy winter comfort recipes to the front and such. My recipe box is a sad little thing… filled with scraps of notes and folded over sheets from the internet of good stuff I’ve found. Keepers. Winners. Old favorites and new favorites. I was thinkin’ that I needed some new things to add to the rotation- good things. Tried and True things. Things that I could eat all week things. Mmmmm. I love me some winter cookin’. So, here’s what I think. You’re gonna help me.
Doot-do-do-dooooooooooooooo!!! (tha’s a trumpet, people)
announcing the Keepers Swap hosted by yours truly
[insert much clapping and cheering]
Participants of said swap shall agree to:
- email me [katiemulderATgmailDOTcom] or comment below on their burning desire to be included
- search the depths of their personal favorites for the 5 best recipes they have… the ones they make all the time… the ones that always work and always please.
- be paired with a swap partner (who also sent me recipes) for whom they will be responsible for sending a magnet to by way of the Post Office. A magnet. That’s it. It can be a handmade magnet. It can be a tacky home-pride airport magnet. It can be a quote magnet in a foreign language… it’s up to you. It’s Holiday time, and I doubt anyone has the time or sanity to add a serious care package to their to-do list. Though if you’d like to include some cookies or other lovlies, that’s just fine. I like oatmeal, personally.
- mail the magnet to your swap partner before December 15.
- receive a pdf of wonderfully formatted and edited (oh, how I love margins and tabs!) compilation of swap recipes from moi that you can then load into your own binder-o-goodness.
Sound fun? You don’t have to be a regular reader or commentor to participate- if you’ve got a friend you want to include, just have them email me. I shall give folks until this coming Monday (November 12) to ponder, decide, and comment/email. After Monday, I’m gonna start randomly pairing folks up for their magnets and editing the food goodness. I’ll send you a document of all the recipes I receive so you can print them out at home. (So far, we’re all getting 40 recipes [’cause 8 people are in]. 40 RECIPES!!! And, a fun magnet. happyhappyjoyjoy)
Say you’re in. Email me 5 recipes. Receive the name and address of a fellow swapper. Mail them a magnet. Recieve a document full of recipes. Giddyup!