a] Ry’s doctor appointment offered us the best news we could hope for: Yes, there are delays… no, there are no serious underlying neurological or mental issues behind them. She will speak in time, and she will run and she will continue to rock our world indefinitely. I am taking the doctor an apple pie.
b] The cows, despite the constant -4° temperatures this Winter, are doing love-erly. They are pregnant and happy and well-fed. Jill is due at the end of the month, and Ellie is due in early May.
c] Mulder Baby #2: The Deuce: Sprout… now 12+ weeks. I have gained 7 pounds, all in my thighs Iamnotevenkidding. The seasickness appears, in the last 2 days, to have taken a hike. I am cautiously optimistic.
d] I will now attempt to quell the FaceBook epidemic of tagging me for the ’25 Random Things’ meme. I don’t think there ARE 25 things about me I haven’t discussed ad-nauseum here… but I will try.
- I grew up Catholic… in the best, non-religiously scarring way possible. It provided a brilliant foundation for me in my personal faith, and it is a history I return to often.
- I spent 10 years as a child in Germany while my father served in the ARMY. We returned to the States when I started 7th grade.
- I am regularly told, by both men and women and as recently as Saturday, that I married a very handsome man. It’s not a bad thing.
- I have no problem wearing the same clothes two days in a row.
- I have RA.
- I rock at folding fitted-sheets.
- I love to be in large crowds, but over on the side watching everything.
- I am fiercely loyal.
- I have been a Kentucky Wildcat basketball fan since kindergarten when I fell in love with my teacher.
- My mother graduated from The University of Louisville. I remember being at her graduation. We do not discuss #9 or #10 in mixed company.
- I love going to kids’ sports games. Love it. Love it ridiculously.
- I also love watching sports on television… particularly tennis and college football.
- I am a singer but not a soloist.
- I read wicked-fast.
- I have a crazy amount of knowledge about Fleetwood Mac.
- I do not like coffee. I’ve tried. Even your favorite drink cannot convert me. If it has coffee in it, I don’t like it.
- I have never had a cavity.
- Children’s choirs make me cry. Every time.
- Men and women in uniform make me cry. Every time.
- Swimming in lakes weirds me out.
- I once backed out of the garage with the door down. It was my brother’s fault.
- My greatest fear is being falsely-accused and imprisoned in a foreign country. I watch a lot of movies.
- I do not eat breakfast unless I’m pregnant or it’s past 10am.
- I grew up going to drive-in movies in my pjs in our white Chevy van with blue velvet curtains.
- I absolutely love to eat out with friends.
And there you have it. DONE.
Thursday, Rylie and I have a video for you. Mark your calenders. We’re talking about laundry and fitted sheets. It’s gonna be a wild time 🙂