I am a single parent until Sunday night. The Boy has gone to Tejas to bid a job (through a longhorn connection) and watch another auction. For the record, let me say that I am a crappy single parent. The tv is always on. I don’t make the bed. Yesterday, Ry ate carebear fruit snacks for breakfast. Two packs. I only hope, by the end of the weekend, we are both still standing.
I shall use today to log in some k-rafting that has been happening around here… so in the ages ahead when I am crippled with arthristis and overrun with children I will have at least the memory of making beautiful, purposeful things.
1. 2 old-fashioned aprons for J: my favorite fabric ev-ah. I am petting the screen lovingly right now. I love making these aprons. They are such happy, simple things.
2. a crib pillow for L: It was supposed to say JOSEPH but said JOSHUA instead. Let me explain. L’s married to a JOSHUA. AND, the Josh-ua episode was on Friends while I was sewing. Unfortunately for me, the child [owner of said pillow] was christened JOSEPH. I knew that. I knew that when she ordered it. Hence, the JOSHUA pillow went to live with Erin, who does know a new JOSHUA. Perhaps JOSHUA and JOSEPH can be rommates in college and their beds will match and they’ll marry sisters and be family. Happy Ending.
3. a thank you apron for B who watched Peanut in a pinch: I’m bringing back the Hostess Gift, People. I mourn the loss of this courtesy. This was my template for a half-apron, and I am well pleased. A teensy bit shorter with only one pocket and a cute little applique on the other side and we have a winner.
4. I also made pj pants for me out of the bloomer sheet after I made Ry’s pantaloons. Talk about comfort. Wearing your sheets? Yes. Yeeeeeeeeeeeees. Did I mention I’ve been wearing them for 2 days now? No?
5. At this very moment, I am cutting out the letters for J’s and B’s celebration banners.
These were all projects that have been staring at me accusingly and begging for attention. It’s so nice to be back in somewhat of a groove and checking things off ‘the list.’ We’ll see if that can continue whilst I am alooooooooooone. Can children go to bed at 6:30pm? I mean, every night?
Monday: ‘J’ is for…
Happy Weekend, Folks! We love you here at TexasNorth!
P.S. We leave next Friday for our Summer camping trip. We have a tentative plan including Niagra Falls, but any suggestions for anything in upstate New York would be lovely!