I have lost my keys. Somewhere between the front door and the car, I have lost my keys. They are nowhere. I’m using the spare car key on the dorky spare key chain and I need to upgrade it to permanent status. Apparently, I also need to get another ‘spare.’ I have a baby appointment today at 1pm complete with another ultrasound… I’ll update you in a few hours. I’m still ridiculously nervous, but trying to remain cool.
Yesterday I got a little excited about Ry going to preschool (I’m a little bi-polar about this.) and ordered her a belt and some suspenders. Next, I need to find a pair of brown Buster Browns like I used to have… you know, the leather buckle t-strap Mary Janes? I figure, if we’re going into this school thing 3 years early then we’re going in 100%. Her belt is light blue (robin’s egg blue, if you ask me) and her suspenders are red (of course). The child has no buns, so we have issues with keeping our pants up.
I also bought some ridiculously cute fabric at the store to make her a dress/top. It’s so adorable. I love it. I just need those shoes. Any suggestions? I’m thinking these… but where are the heavy-duty brown leather buckle shoes of my youth? Do they not exist anymore? *sigh* Tragedy.
I’m wondering what you remember from your ‘first days’ of school?
- I took a bagel/cream cheese/ ham sandwich for lunch every day of my life.
- We always got to pick out an outfit from the JC Penney catalog because Mom got a teacher’s discount.
- I had a purple Lisa Frank lunch box and thermos. Just going to her website makes my heart flutter a little bit. I sooooo loved her stickers. They seem a bit more mod now, but the same.
- I always got a new pair of white Keds at the beginning of the year. If I saved my own money, I could upgrade to the white leatherones. I know, people. I know. ‘Cool’ personified, that was me.
- I lived for the school supply list… new pencils and fresh notebooks with no mistakes in them and dividers for my 3-ring binder. I never got a Trapper Keeper. I still cry about that if I think too hard.
- My mom was a teacher in my school until I went to junior high, so we always arrived at an ungodly hour. I often rode the bus home with my brother, though. We were latchkey kids. We loved it.
Off to the baby doctor… good thoughts, People! Good thoughts!
Mamma called the doctor and the doctor said, “Baby is good.”
due date: March 18
measuring: exactly on 9 weeks