• There were no flights to the Bahamas. It was a very sad day. BUT, my car is running. BUT, the hayride and bonfire portion of the 3rd Annual TexasNorth Hayride is about 2 shakes away from being cancelled due to expected frightful weather. BUT, I have enough mac-n-cheese, hot dogs, and lemonade to survive the Rapture.
I say that a lot. ‘Wow! You’ve got enough socks here to survive the Rapture!” “We’ve got enough tomatoes here to feed the Rapture!” It’s prolly inappropriate. I’m sorry. [Incidentally, I theologically disagree with the premise of the Left Behind series. Sorry, Mister LaHaye.]
• Henny Penny finally made it to the side of the coop. I sure do think she looks cute up there sittin’ on her nest 🙂 Her comb and tail need a little work yet and some polka dots will grace her belly soon enough. But for now, she is up and we love her.
• The recipe swap: I’m calling it the Best. Week. Ever. recipe swap because folks are contributing their home’s 5 best menus to the book. Wait ’til y’all see these! They’re sooo good! So far, 19 people are in. Technically, you have until November 1st (Sunday) to get your menus to me… but I’m gonna cut you some slack and make it November 4th (Wednesday). You can still play! Your official ticket is to email me 5 menus: katiemulder AT gmail DOT com
• Hey! I picked up the TexasNorth hoodies last night and they. are. fabulous. Oh my word. I’ll be wrapping them up this weekend and head to the post office Monday morning. Only paid-for sweatshirts will be mailed/delivered: HELLO, BROTHER OF MINE. Hint. Hint.
• For you folks reading this in Google Reader or Bloglines, there’s a new Fall header up on the blog. Yes, those are my feet.
• There was another fabulous Children’s Bible mentioned in the comments of Monday’s post. Both Julie and Lauren (strangers to each other) recommend this one: The Jesus Storybook Bible.
Happy weekend, Folks! We love you here at TexasNorth!