So, I installed a new security system on my ‘puter and it shut the whole thing down. As we speak, the hard drive is being hacked by a 16 year-old pro trying to fix things. I’m sweating. I mean, I’m a hermit… but I need the ability to stalk to rest of the world through the internet. I feel a bit lost right now. Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
I’m not sure what the prognosis is or how long I’ll be without my love. Just FYI. I’m not gone. Just crying in a bucket of viruses.
I don’t have anything fabulous to tell you about our last-minute vacation… we just needed to get away. All four of us. Out of the house. New roads. No cooking. Someone else to make the bed. I don’t even have any pictures save that sad iPhone one of Ry on the way home from the airport. I am happy to report no one even came *close* to going to jail. I did not embarrass myself, and Rylie only enraged one airline passenger… but that lady was 110% crabby anyway. I’m pretty sure Pollyanna would have ticked her off.
Returning home, we were greeted by a Gross. Sour. Yucky. odor
- a small bucket of compost on counter [note to self: organic trash still smells like trash… please take out after every meal]
- moldy carrot under coffee table – Ry was ‘feeding’ her barn animals earlier in the week [note to self: lock fridge]
- full dirty diaper pail [note to self: diaper genie is not all-powerful]
- dirty dishwasher [note to self: putting soap in washer does not automatically make it run
- rancid orange juice concentrate [note to self: it does not take 7 days for frozen oj to thaw]
So, we’re airing out a bit. You may want to postpone your visit a day or two. You could make me feel better by telling me you’ve done the same thing.
Alright… so, signing off for now. Hopefully will be back Monday. *sniff* I’m a little afraid.
Oh! PS! It’s Gus’ last cast! I figure, let’s go for it. Locals, you have until May 18 to leave your mark. Far-away friends, anything you’d like me to put on there for you? Let’s fill it up so I can take photos and put this memory away in style. Whaddya say? No, for real. What do you want to say on there? 🙂