You know Rylie Girl is not feeling well when her socks are on sideways and she doesn’t even care. I considered taking into the ER for that reason alone. For the 2nd time in 2 months, she has the super-bug that’s going around. Poor thing. She spent the first 5 years of her life sickness-free but is paying for it on the flip side.
What do you remember about being sick as a kid? I remember that Mom would always french braid my hair out of the way. I remember having the yellow bowl on the coffee table for, well… you know. It also meant I got to move to the living room couch with the big blue blanket and my pillow. I would watch The Price is Right and drink pools of ginger ale.
What about you?
It’s hard to navigate a sick kiddo when you still have a hands-on infant and a tornado of a 2 year-old in the house. Here’s a crock pot recipe I made last week that I’ll be making again this week. It was a huge success and I need the brain-free time!
Crock Pot Angel Chicken
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup butter
- 1 (1 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 ½ ounce) can Campbell’s Golden Mushroom soup
- ½ cup white wine (may substitute water or broth)
- 4 ounces cream cheese with chives and onions
- angel hair pasta or rice (cook according to box directions)
- Place the chicken in crock pot.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in Italian salad dressing mix, can of soup, cream cheese & wine(or water or broth). Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low in the crock pot for 4-5 hours.
- Pour over cooked angel hair pasta or other noodles or rice.
I used garlic cream cheese and served it all over rice. I am guessing you could halve the butter and still have fabulous results. Gus Man ate his weight in the rice and sauce with Rylie coming in only slightly behind him.
Have a fabulous Monday, Folks! We’ll see you Thursday if everyone is back on their feet again.