Well, helloooooooo there, Loves! We Mulders are back from the woods… though the oldest 2 kiddos are flying kites with my parents in Pennsylvania right now. They will not even speak to me. It’s ridiculous. And, also, 7 kinds of awesome.
Shall I tell you a story today? From camping amongst nature and strangers and family alike? A story my children (and possibly the stranger in #7) will recite in years of therapy to come?
I actually wrote it all down immediately after it happened so I would not forget… how much do you love me?
Remember that feeling.
Here. Let me spell it out for you.
A close up of the map (not to scale):
and the fine print (try to keep up):
1. Ry and Gus are put to bed
2. Curt and Kate discuss that Gus and Ry are in bed and waiting for hugs
3. Kate walks to the campfire to see if her parents are there… they are not
4. Kate’s dad arrives at campfire… has not hugged Gus and Ry but has just
5. seen Curt at the potty
6. which leaves no one at the tent… for too long… which causes Ry to panic and begin to scream… causing Gus to scream… causing BOTH to scream for MOM!
7. which causes the lady at #7 to yell out,
“Don’t worry, Honey!
We’ll find your mommy!”
8. at which point Kate and her dad arrive at the tent followed by Curt who is calm and content.
9. Abby slept through it all.
I was 25 yards away and in the perfect storm of neglect.
It’s a wonder we’re allowed to leave the county at all.
There’s so very much more to tell you, but I’ve used up all the pride I have and then some.