Dear Readers, today… a list of awesomeness:
1. I was bit (not out of anger…purely an accident) by our neighbor’s horse Tuesday evening. My three fingers got stuck in his mouth for, oh, 30 seconds or so. Count it out. It’s a flippin’ long time. I managed to pull 2 of them out pretty quickly, but the pointer finger was not so lucky. Honestly? Maybe the most pain ever in my life. I shudder (I do) to think of how much worse it could have been.
2. I was alone with Ry and Gus.
3. I didn’t cuss. I did yell, “No! Nonononononononoooo!” Echo did not seem to understand.
4. I did have to sit on the side of the road for a second and collect myself before walking the remaining 50 feet home.
5. The power went out an hour later… so, no water or lights at our house to assist in cleaning the wound.
5 1/2. I am not left-handed.
6. I still had darvoset and 800mg ibuprofen left over from delivering Gus. They still work.
7. The power came back on in the middle of the night.
8. After finally getting our grass to grow, our lawn has been ripped apart thanks to a 2-month long county road-widening project that is largely centered around MY HOME. It’s like a never-ending enduro race around this place, complete with mud traps. The storm left a mud swamp in my driveway.
9. My doctor gave me a tetanus shot Wednesday while the nurse gave Gus 3 vaccination shots while Ry pretended to give her baby a shot. Now, I cannot use my right hand OR my left arm.
10. Heather gave me an Edy’s tangerine popsicle yesterday.
11. I am feeling much better today.
12. Rylie keeps reminding me of the ‘Num Num’ incident and then re-enacts the whole ordeal while wearing her sad face and petting my hand.